About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Haywire

A Marine Corps dad (Bill Paxton) raises his daughter to be tough, independent, honorable and brave, she evens grows up to become a Marine herself. But when she starts working as an independent contractor and things go wrong Mallory brings her problem home and instead of looking proud, Dad looks a little horrified. His little girl (Gina Carano) is a fierce mixed martial arts fighter and seeing her in action is frightening. As played by a true-life champion Gina Carano, she is not one to mess with.

I’m not sure what kind of film career Carano is going to have but watching her in action I had a desire to see her paired with other Hollywood bad-asses. The first one that came to mind was Jason Stratham. Now that’s a pairing I’d like to see. But for now we must evaluate her based on this movie.

Haywire has a stellar cast. We got to see Carano do battle with Channing Tatum, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor and various other thugs. Also in the cast are Michael Douglas and Antonio Banderas. So this is no straight to video shot for Carano she is being groomed and she is being given a fighting chance. She has the skill, but does she have the star power. At this point her acting lacks depth, but there is room for improvement. At least she is not terrible. And although she does clean up nice, she lacks the sexuality of some of our other action stars such as Angelina Jolie or Zoe Saldana. But she is fierce and attractive, so we’ll see what Hollywood can do with our newest action star. I think with a little help she can be fantastic.



Rating: Bargain Matinee This lady is fierce

No comments:

Post a Comment