About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Devil

Five people are trapped in an elevator. One by one they are being killed. The killer has to be in the elevator because there is no way in and no way out. But why is he or she killing and how are they pulling it off? This is the mystery facing Detective Bowden. He must discover the means and motive while the fire department works furiously to get them out. But according to security officer Ramirez it doesn’t matter. He has seen the face of the devil and he knows that all their efforts are useless. Everyone is there for a reason and the devil always gets his due.

Devil is M. Night Shyamalan’s latest venture into the metaphysical world of good and evil. According to him, all things are connected and the devil never does his work without a witness. The question is can he hold our attention until all is said and done? The answer is yes. I was intrigued and the film kept my interest to the very end.

Rating: First Run An intriguing closed door mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment