About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Craig Ferguson Learns How to Train His Dragon

Being a stand-up comedian and having his own talk show, Craig Ferguson brought a lot of hilarity to the How To Train Your Dragon press conference. When asked about doing voice-over work for this film he said, “I’m actually Scottish. So it was fairly easy for me to do that voice. It was fun. Usually my kind of signature thing is crap! So this is kind of off-brand for me.” His cast mates roar with laughter.

“I know, I know.” He quiets them down. “ I think that’s fair. I think I’m not enough in the film to ruin it. I think they judged it just right. It’s like if they put in the right spice in a dish, it’s terrific. You put in too much, and it’s terrible and inedible. They had just the right amount of me.”

Before coming to the United States and joining the cast of the Drew Carey Show, Craig Ferguson wrote and appeared in several films in the United Kingdom including The Big Tease and Saving Grace. In How To Train Your Dragon, Craig plays Gobber, the village blacksmith and master dragon fighter. He runs the Dragon Training school and befriends young Hiccup, the chief Viking’s son. But just don’t ask Craig how to train a dragon because he just might tell you. It wasn’t the answer we were expecting and it’s too naughty to put in print.

How To Train Your Dragon opens March 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment