About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

O'Horten

The O in O’Horten stands for Odd, and odd this movie is. A 67 year old train engineer is forced to retire after 40 years of faithful service. For 40 years his life has run on a schedule of predictability, but now that his job is gone his life has become as strange as his name. While trying to navigate his way through the first few days of his retirement, Odd encounters strange scenes, chance meetings, and bizarre circumstances until he can gain his footing and sort out his new life.


This strange little film is enchanting and weird with images that probably will never leave me. The story doesn’t really go anywhere and has nothing really profound to say, unless it is saying that we are all driving blind. Anyway, I didn’t feel that it was necessary to understand the film, it was only necessary to take the ride. The destination doesn’t matter, the joy is in the journey and all roads come to an end.


In Norwegian with English subtitles.


Rating: First Run     A odd little film, if you dare

No comments:

Post a Comment