About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Notes for October

Hello friends,

I apologize for only publishing four reviews in October. In truth I saw eight movies that month, but since several of them were foreign language films and may not be released in this country at all, or at least until next year, I didn’t want to tease you by writing about a film that you do not have access to or a chance to see. Also, October was a very busy month for me. I try to see a least two films a week, but with my schedule this takes a lot of effort on my part. In October I worked 3 or 4 rock concerts and I also did my first press junket for the DVD release of Toy Story 3. You can read my article at Cinemovie.tv (http://www.cinemovie.tv/cinemovie_new/toy-story-3).

November will also be a busy month but I hope to find time to write some more articles. For example I’d like to write about the animated short Day and Night. I got a chance to interview the director and I’m pretty sure he’ll be nominated for an Academy Award. When his presentation went down and we were waiting for tech support I took the opportunity to ask him some side questions about Pixar as a company to work for. I’d love to do an article about that. In addition I want you to remember the name Even The Rain. This film is Spain’s Foreign Language submission to this year’s Oscar race. I loved this movie so much and believe that everyone should see it. It is a beautiful poignant film and has a great message.

So, I’m already working on my next review and hope to get to another one soon. If I missed a movie that you really liked, let me know and I’ll try to see it before it disappears. As much as I try I can’t see them all, but I don’t want to let a good one get away. It is always my first choice to see them on the big screen. There is nothing like the communal experience of a movie theatre. It is the way that movies should be seen.

See you at the movie,

Mel

2 comments:

  1. No problemo. I'm sure you'll make up for it in December as you prep us for Oscar nominations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! Last year I won the Oscar contest at Universal Studios. I want to do it again so everyone will know it wasn't a fluke.

    ReplyDelete