About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Skyline

Skyline is ridiculous. A bunch of artistic types are partying in the penthouse of a luxury Venice high-rise. When they finally awaken from their drunken stupor they realize that Los Angeles is under attack by aliens who are sucking people up into the sky like a giant Hoover vacuum cleaner. Those who cannot be sucked up into the sky are being chased down by small flying aliens who capture their victims with their tentacles and eat their brains like cracking a walnut. If you manage to escape them there are small flying ships that emerge from the giant mother ships and knock down any resistance fighters. If that is not enough, there are huge walking monsters that go around smashing buildings and stepping on things. It is a hopeless situation unless you obtain the smallest amount of common sense. The smart ones will survive and therefore ensure the continuation of our species. Unfortunately none of the smart ones are depicted in this film. A dumb film about dumb people.

Rating: Don't Bother Unless you like cheap cheesy special effects in need of a script

No comments:

Post a Comment