About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Guillermo Del Toro: The Busiest Man of the Con

It is impossible to see everything at San Diego’s Comic-Con but this year it seemed like everywhere I went Guillermo Del Toro was there. I first encountered him at the Film District panel promoting the up-coming film he produced, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark. Having just flown in from Toronto Canada with severe back pain, he must have been a little hopped up on pain killers because he was dropping F-bombs everywhere, much to the chagrin of the moderator. A little while later he appeared at another panel with Jon Favreau. Even he noticed that Del Toro was having a little trouble censoring his speech. By the time he got to the Legendary Pictures panel to promote Pacific Rim, people just gave up.

Del Toro is such a passionate director and has such a love for making films that his poor language was over-looked. Between producing, directing and running a special effects house the man is never at rest. Let’s hope that his back will heal quickly and he’ll return to doing what he does best. Pacific Rim sounds awesome, Don’t Be afraid of the Dark looks awesome and I personally am looking forward to Pinocchio. Mr. Del Toro, get well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment