About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year’s Eve

I’m sorry, but how can a movie so full of talented people be so flat and boring? I don’t get it. I couldn’t wait until New Year’s Eve ended. Michelle Pfeiffer who has been nominated for an Oscar three times was barely recognizable as a mousy office assistant and Hilary Swank, an actually Oscar winner, was equally bland. Robert De Niro, another Oscar winner, spends most of his performance in a hospital bed and even having Oscar winner Halle Berry as his nurse couldn’t make those scenes any more interesting. I found this film completely disappointing.

Last year I went to see Valentine’s Day with a couple of friends and we actually enjoyed it. It was silly and trite, but still entertaining. But this film, with too many actors to name was predictable, sad and lack any real sentiment or joy. When it comes to this New Year’s Eve you’re better off going to bed early.

Rating: Don’t Bother Call it an early night

1 comment:

  1. I'm still recovering from the Valentines Day movie a few years ago. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete