About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Sunday, August 16, 2009

In The Loop

I am not going to even try to summarize this film. It is a political farce involving English and American politics, and the manipulation of international policy. It is full of profanity, ill-mannered behavior, and some of the funniest lines I’ve heard in a very long time. It’s like the West Wing on crack.

Some of the dialogue reminded me of the absurdity of Dr, Strangelove, “You can’t fight in here gentlemen, this is the War Room!” This film is so over-the-top and vicious, that it isn’t for everyone. I, however, found enough zingers in it to make all the verbal abuse, somewhat worthwhile. In The Loop is a satire that will sadden some, and confirm the suspicions of others. It is our political system at its worst, and funniest.

Rating: Rent It Politics at its worst, and funniest

No comments:

Post a Comment