About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Confessions Of A Shopaholic

Confessions Of A Shopaholic was like looking at an over-dressed woman. The outfit started with a tasteful black sheath and some elegant shoes, but then there were the accessories. After the gloves, boa, printed stockings and over-sized jewelry, you just wanted to shout, “Enough, already!”

I felt that there was a good film in there somewhere, but it was hidden underneath all the cinematic sequins. As much as I liked Isla Fisher and her co-star, Hugh Dancy, I just didn’t like this film. Some scenes were over the top and buffoonish, while others had a very nice, resonant, message. If the script was a little less schizophrenic, it could have been a nice film. As it is, I say, “Return It!” This outfit just doesn’t work.

Rating: Bargain Matinee You’ll enjoy this movie better if you know you got it on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment