About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Laemmle Theatre's Discount Programs

When you go to the movies as often as I do, you have to know your discount programs. One of my favorites is at the Laemmle Theatres in Los Angeles. In the beginning, I didn’t go to the Laemmle Theatres that often. The theaters were a little bit out of the way for me, and their matinee times didn’t always work with my schedule. I wasn’t going to pay full price by going in the evening, so I would wait for one of my rare afternoons off. But, then I discovered that anyone could buy their group tickets on-line. For a $150.00 dollar investment you could get 25 discounted tickets. That comes out to $6.00 each. Great deal!

Well, not that many of us have an extra $150.00 dollars lying around to spend on movies, so I didn’t do it. But, as I missed more and more interesting movies because I wasn’t free to go to a matinee, I came up with another solution. I found a friend to go in half with me. We each got 14 discounted tickets for $75.00. I kept the extra one to cover the cost of shipping and handling. When the tickets arrived, and I found, that I now had the freedom to go whenever I wanted, the tickets didn’t last very long.

Since I go to the movies way more often than the average person, I went through my tickets fairly quickly. I now had to find a new partner, or another solution, so I tried the Premiere Card. The Premiere Card cost $100.00 and acts like a pre-paid gift card, but better! When you use your card to purchase tickets, you get $2.00 off on Monday through Thursday, and $1.00 off on Friday through Sunday. Now, when you do the math, the group tickets are a much better value when you go in the evening. But wait, the discounts don’t stop there. When you buy concessions using your Premiere card, you get 20% off. At the price of concessions these days, that’s pretty good. Plus, if you go on a Thursday and use your card, popcorn is free.

There are other benefits to the Premiere program too. When you go on a Sunday, it’s Double Discount Day, and then there is the 2 for 1 Movie Deals. Every once in awhile, Laemmle Theaters, will pick a 2 for 1 Movie, at one of their locations. When you go to this movie, you get a second ticket for free. Can you say, “Cheap date?”

Now that I’m clued-in to all the extra benefits, I do a combination of both programs. For example, one day I went and saw two movies. I used my Premiere Card for the matinee ticket, and my group ticket for the movie that started after 6:00. Then I used my Premiere Card to buy a Popcorn Combo at the concession stand, and I was set for hours of entertainment.

Now I realize that most people don’t go to the movies as often as I do. But it’s still a great program. I requested my first Premiere Card as a Christmas present. I have since gotten so much value out of it, that I’m now a very big fan. Some of you may be saying that you’re not big on foreign films, that you like more commercial movies. That’s okay too. The Laemmle Theatre chain has over 10 movie theaters and some of them mix commercial films with foreign films and Independents, so there is a large selection to chose from. Why not make a night of it?

One night I took advantage of the 2 for 1 movie night. I invited a friend and we drove to Pasadena. I got her in for free, and then we shared a large Popcorn Combo and only had to pay $5.00 each. It was a very nice evening out and I got to treat a friend. I highly recommend this program. Check it out!

For more details and information visit: www.laemmle.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great post, thanks for the info! I was looking for cheap leammle tickets, but none of the discount places (like bulktix.com) sells them for leammle.

    ReplyDelete