About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Every Little Step

 Back in the seventies Broadway dancer and choreographer Michael Bennet had an idea. He gathered a group of Broadway dancers, sat them in a circle, supplied a jug of red wine, and proceeded to ask them questions about what drives them to be dancers. These antidotes, diligently recorded by Bennet, eventually evolved into the musical A Chorus Line, which went on to become a Broadway sensation.

Thirty years later, Michael’s partners begin to audition for a revival production, only this time, a documentary film team followed the entire process. In this film you are actually watching the casting call where 3,000 hopefuls are, cut, and cut, and cut, until only a few remain. We, who are watching, are part of their hope, their joy, and for most, their disappointment. We are privy to the audition process, the back stage discussions, the casting panel debates, and the magic, when someone unexpected leaps out from the pack and surprises everyone. For anyone who has every had to audition, you will take this film very personally, for everyone else, I think you will find Every Little Step very interesting.

In one of the tape recordings Michael Bennet said of his dancers, “I think you are interesting, I think we are all interesting. I think there is a show in that.”
A Chorus Line, the musical, showed the world that the journey to Broadway is just as interesting as the show itself. And, Every Little Step, the film, truly documents that sentiment. I believe you’ll find this film very rewarding.

Rating: First Run This film will only get a limited run, so look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment