About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arthouse Essentials at the Laemmle Theatres

I am so disappointed. Laemmle Theatres is starting a new program on June 20th and I won’t be able to go to see any of them. In cooperation with Janus Films and Emerging Pictures, for the next twelve weeks, the best in Arthouse cinema will be playing at various Laemmle theatres throughout town.

Since I wasn’t exposed to Arthouse cinema until much later in life, there are many of these movies that I’ve never seen. Films like Jules and Jim, The 400 Blows and La Strada have been rattling around in my sub-conscious for years, sort of a mental must see list, and now I’m missing another chance to see them again.

If you are new to Arthouse cinema, or you would just like to see these films again in High Definition on a big screen, I recommend that you visit www.emergingpictures.com/essential_arthouse.htm. For a list and schedule. It would be like auditing a film history class. Every film is a proven classic well worth your time. I only wish I could go too, I’m very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment