About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Stoning Of Soraya M.

Every once in awhile a film comes along that must be seen. The Stoning Of Soraya M. is one such film. Based on a true story and a best selling book, The Stoning Of Soraya M. tells the story of a woman who was falsely accused of infidelity and stoned to death because her abusive tyrant of a husband wanted to remarry without having to support two wives.

This film is tightly written, expertly conceived, beautifully shot, dynamically acted and well-crafted in every way. Because of this you may forget all the technical aspects of the film and concentrate on its message. As long as women are treated and viewed as inferior to men, there will be injustice on this earth. As long as men plot, manipulate and corrupt the law, there will be injustice on this earth. And as long as men misrepresent God’s word and pervert it for their own selfish desires, injustice will be done. See this movie, talk about it, share it, spread the word. Justice must be done.

Rating: Must See A relevant film that must be seen. Shohreh Aghdashloo is unforgettable. She becomes Soraya’s voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment