About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inkheart

My father was a story teller. I recall that on car trips he would tell these long rambling stories.
I learned at a very young age to not interrupt my father, even if the story seemed to move too
slow. l learned that if I was patient, and listened attentively, his stories always paid off in the
end.

Inkheart is such a story. At times the pacing is slow. But, it is a rich story full of interesting
characters. If you give it a chance and buy into its premiss, youʼll be rewarded with a delightful tale honoring books and the power of the spoken word.

I was captivated with Inkheart. The acting was delicious and the special effects enhanced the
story without detracting from it. The costumers and make-up artists must have had a wonderful time recreating some very familiar characters that were enchanted out of their tales to be thrust rudely into our world. Some of these characters were so disenchanted with our world that they wanted nothing more than to go back to where they came from. For anyone who has ever escaped into the pages of a good book youʼll find Inkheart a delight.

Rating: First Run     Anyone who loves a good story will enjoy this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment