About Me

My photo
My Reviewer's Philosophy: I believe that every film has its audience. One man’s Citizen Kane is another man’s Texas Chain Saw Massacre. My purpose is to help you spend your entertainment dollars wisely. A bad review never kept me from going to a film I wanted to see, but a good review will sometimes get me to a film I never considered. As a movie lover I want you to go to the movies. When more people go to the movies, the more movies get made. But, I also believe that if you enjoy the films you see, you naturally will be inclined to go more often. So join me in supporting our film industry by going to a movie today. Hopefully I can steer you towards a good one. See you at the movies. Melanie Wilson

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Waltz With Bashir

What if you were a film maker and you discovered a mystery about your own life. In search of answers, you interview friends, family, and past acquaintances trying to put the pieces together. Bringing a camera along would offend some and cause others to be less candid. So you leave it behind. Yet, when you finish your quest and have your answers, you discover that you have a story that must be told. What do you do? You animate it.

Ari Folman wrote and directed this unique film based on his experiences as a young Israeli soldier in the 80ʼs War in Lebanon. We journey with Ari as he collects each clue until it is revealed how one traumatic event can block a personʼs memory for decades. By using animation to tell this story we are slightly desensitized from the violence much like a soldier would come to be. If we were not desensitized, this story would be too hard to handle. Honest and intriguing, this film makes a strong anti-war statement without getting political. Itʼs a human story about the cost of war upon humanity.

Rating: First Run     People will be talking about this film for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment